It’s a no brainer that locums also have a need to increase their earnings in the most possible ways. No matter your financial goals, learning how to maximize your earnings can you help grow your finance and maintain stability. Below are a few tips that can help you maximize your earnings as a locum.
How to maximize your earnings
1. Work with a reliable locum agency: Recruitment agencies have a huge impact on rate negotiation for locums. Although they do not directly influence the hourly rates offered by pharmacies. They are in a better position to negotiate better rates which are suitable for locums to cover. At verovian Recruitment Agency, we make intentional efforts to make sure rates offered to locums are suitable and fair.
2. Network with colleagues: Networking has numerous benefits to you as a locum. It helps build profitable relationships that can transcend into advancement in your career. Your colleagues may have access to relevant information regarding a much-needed certification. Hence, you stay updated and open to new ideas that will help increase your value and earn you some extra bucks.
Additionally, part of your savings plan can be geared towards building extra streams of income. By doing this, you are certain that your savings generates some extra income while you work.
3. Network with colleagues: Networking has numerous benefits to you as a locum. It helps build profitable relationships that can transcend into advancement in your career. Your colleagues may have access to relevant information regarding a much-needed certification. Hence, you stay updated and open to new ideas that will help increase your value and earn you some extra bucks.
4. Save for the rainy days: An important aspect of personal finance is your ability to stick to a savings plan. Fundamentally, as a locum, it is important to have an emergency fund set aside for the rainy days. As certain events cannot be predicted, it is safer to have a backup plan always.
4. Negotiate for better rates: When locuming as a pharmacist, technician or dispenser, you tend to place a priority on the rates offered and mileage inclusive if the pharmacy is some miles away from home. You job involves been geographically mobile hence, a need to negotiate for a rate that will suit your expenses.
Furthermore, networking with co-workers or other professionals in your field can help you gain different perspectives regarding career advice and support.
5. Opting for Stay away shifts: Opting for a stay away shift enhances your chances of earning more even with higher rates. There is no definite duration as it can range from a number of weeks to months. The benefits are quite considerable, i.e higher rates with the inclusion of mileage expenses and paid accommodation. Working with Verovian Recruitment Agency affords you the opportunity to apply for a stay away shift offered by top pharmacy chains in the UK.
6. Get extra qualification: In most cases, the value of your qualification plays a role in determining if you will be booked for certain shifts. For the past 3 months, top pharmacy chains have made requests flu jab trained pharmacists. Usually, this request favours pharmacists who have previous experience and training administering flu vaccines.
However, another example is related to registered independent prescribers, usually, they are offered higher rates due to the additional experience and training they have acquired.
As a footnote, maximizing your earnings will improve your financial life and your standard of living as a locum. Gradual implementation of the above tips will help increase your earning potential.